Mahfuj Ahmed completed his Alimiyah in Jamia Madani Angura Madrasah in Sylhet, Bangladesh in 2012, where then he taught different subjects for three years. He had then moved to London and has been serving as an Imam at Jamia Darus Sunnah Mosque and as a Lecturer of Hadith at Madani Madrasa (London) and Quwwat-Ul-Islam Madrasa, London.
Mahfuj Ahmed’s main interest is in Hadith and the scholars of Hadith. He also has received Ijazah from different Hadith scholars and met some world renowned Shuyukh, such as Shaykh Muhammad Awwama, Dr. Bashar Awad Ma’ruf, Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani.
The respected Shaykh has previously delivered a webinar via SiblingsOfIlm titled ‘The Life, Books & Legacy of Ibn Hajar Al-Asqalani‘.
Shaykh has also authored the following books:
- Maḥāsin Al-Balāghah Fī Al-Maqāmāt Al-Ḥarīriyyah (Rhetorical beauties in Al-Maqāmāt), authored by Mahfuj Ahmed, printed by New Madaniyah Library, Sylhet, Bangladesh, in 2015.
- Al-Fawāʾid Al-Muntaqah Min ʿAmalī Imām Al-ʿAṣr Muḥammad Anwār Shāh Al-Kashmīrī (A selection of gems of knowledge from ʿAllāmah Muḥammad Anwār Shāh Kashmīrī’s lessons), collected by Mafuj Ahmed, printed by Dār Al-Fatḥ, Jordan, in 2019.
- Risālah Fī taḥqīq Maʿna Al-Hidāyah (A small book on the meaning of the word ‘Guidance’ in Islamic texts), authored by Muḥammad ʿAbdul ʿAlīm Sylheti, edited and annotated by Mahfuj Ahmed, printed by Dār Al-Fatḥ, Jordan, in 2019.
- Fihrist Muṣannafāt Ibn Ḥajar (A catalogue of Ibn Ḥajar’s books), prepared by Ibrāhīm Al-Biqāʿī, edited and annotated by Mahfuj Ahmed, printed by Dār Al-Rayyaḥīn, Beirut, in 2020.
- Al-Madhkal Ilā Kitāb Al-Hidāyah (Introduction to the Well known Ḥanafī textbook ‘Al-Hidāyah’), collected, edited and annotated by Mahfuj Ahmed, printed by Dār Al-Fatḥ, Jordan, in 2021.
- Manār Al-Iṣṭifā Fī Asmāʿi Ḥullāq Al-Muṣṭafā (the names of the companions who cut the hair of the Prophet Muḥammad ﷺ), authored by Muḥammad Tāfillātī, edited and annotated by Mahfuj Ahmed, printed by Dār Al-Fatḥ, Jordan, in 2021.
- Kitab Al-Rada’ (The book of Suckling), authored by Abu Bakr Al-Khassaf (d. 262 AH), edited and annotated by Mahfuj Ahmed, printed by Dār Al-Hadith Al-Kattaniyah, Morocco, in 2021.
- English: An Introduction to Mishkat Al-Masabih, authored by Mahfuj Ahmed. Scheduled to be printed by Turath Publishing, London in 2022.