Recording will be available
When? Sunday 11th April 2021 | 2 PM – 3:30 PM (BST)
Instructor: Shaykh Hilal Patel
Ramadan is only a few weeks away and the blessed guest will soon be upon us. Each year we should aspire for Ramadan to be our best yet. What are some of the jurisprudence and spiritual means we can harness to achieve the most out of this blessed guest?
What you will study:
• The Definition of Fasting
• How and when to make Intention
• Recommended actions (Mustahab)
• Actions that are disliked (Makruh) whilst fasting
• Things that invalidate one’s fast
• Things that do not invalidate one’s fast
• Frequently asked questions (FAQS)
• People who are exempt from fasting
Learners should feel confident in fasting in the month of Ramadhan as they will know what does and does not invalidate their fast. They will also be aware of contemporary issues in relation to fasting.
Shaykh Hilal Patel serves as an Imam in Kent and is part of the research team at Whitethread Fatwa Centre. He graduated from Darul Uloom Bury in 2014 and has a keen interest in jurisprudence and Islamic legal theory.